Tuesday, March 25, 2008

latest tools...shopgods has been good to me...!






I got lucky over the last couple weeks and scored a Mossner toolmakers bandsaw and a funky tabletop drillpress...waiting for spareparts for the saw but I canĀ“t wait to get that one running....

the drillpress is special in that it is a highspeed model...would run from 7500 to 19000 rpm with the setup it had when I got it......have turned a new pulley for it and have it down to 1000, 2000 and 3000 rpm and will reduce the speed further with a VFD....built like a tank...what I like the most is that the spindle can be lowered to keep tight tolerances when drilling....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a lucky guy . No wonder you can make such a great knives .

March 26, 2008 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home