Tuesday, January 16, 2007





I just finished this little thingy.....this is the first Testlab Outbreak of 2007 and the official beginning of this project. I have been looking very much forward to this moment...! I can tell you all that you will be in for a treat these following months....I plan on being able to present at least one Testlab Outbreak every month, maybe more....!

So what is this Testlab Outbreak thing...? I posted about it awhile ago but to sum it up this is my way of being more innovative and explore different new designs, textures, tecnics etc..

I have a ton of ideas that I need to start exploring and to do so when my main production is customorders is to take out a few days a month and concentrate on making excactly what I want...try out new things and see what happens. The resulting knives will be VERY limited in numbers and should be very collectable. I will be making a max of 3-5 of each of these in the test phase. I can imagine most will be one of a kinds even...Some might later evolve into standard models but the prototypes will vary from these a great deal. I have several new models allready designed waiting to get made and I even have some made ready for heattreat as of now. The next showing should be early February if not sooner...I have a few aces up my sleeve that might come in handy...

ok back to this Outbreak.....so what do we have here?

This is by far the smallest folder I have ever made...!!

The blade is only 1 1/2" long and overall is only 4 1/4" ..still it provides an excellent grip. Steel is RWL-34 at 60 Rc as usual. Titanium framelock in .100" thickness with solid olive green G10 oposit side and backspacer. The clip is also made from G10.

This one is not available but I will accept 5 orders for these before this project is closed down. After that I will evaluate and then maybe redesign it if I decide it should be the basis of a new model.

Let this be an easy start for the new year...I can assure you that the next Outbreak wont be as gentle as this little bug... Hope you enjoy the pictures.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantasitc start to the year. Looking forward to what's up your sleeve.
How much?

January 17, 2007 2:19 AM  
Blogger Jens Anso said...

thank you...! These where priced at $450 for the 5 orders I accepted, which is all gone by now. after that I will evaluate the design and later decide if it will make it into the regular line of models with some changes.....

January 17, 2007 8:16 AM  
Blogger francis tsai said...

beautiful stuff jens! looking forward to seeing what else comes out of the testlab!

January 18, 2007 8:15 AM  
Blogger Jens Anso said...

Thanks Francis....! I look forward to working with you..!!

January 18, 2007 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that I got in on this one Jens!!! I think that is going to become one of my all-time favorites. . .and what I really like is that I will actually be able to carry it every day, no matter what I am wearing!!!

Keep up the good work, and I will be bothering you about my Outbreak in the near future!!!

January 23, 2007 5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just gota make this one part of your offering.
The world needs a small extremely well made folder. This is it!!!
Please...please...please.

February 13, 2007 2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really my thing that little knife.

May 20, 2007 4:49 PM  
Blogger Jens Anso said...

thanks for all the feedback!. I apreciate it!!

Jens

May 20, 2007 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Jens.
I've been around the world on the web and have yet to see anything like this. Small, very well made, and it can be a daily cary knife.
There happens to be very little in the small sized catagory of knives offered by the factory makers and the independents like yourself (my opinion). It seems that the smaller the knife, the less quality that's put into it.
I have a feeling if you made this model for sale, with the offerings of handle material, blade material, etc, as you do with all your production knives, I don't think you could keep up with orders for this one.
Thank you, for doing what you do.

May 26, 2007 4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home