Tuesday, February 20, 2007


I finished this bad boy the other day....one of my "get it out of the system" projects I guess....big hunk of steel but surpricingly light.....ground from 1/4" stock RWL-34 with almost 11" blade and 15 3/4" overall....textúred titanium bolsters and very fine desert ironwood grip on a tapered tang.....halftanned leather sheath...The tapered tang and the double ground blade has taken out a large amount of weight......the finished knife only weighs about 10 oz (285 grams) I did some thumbgrooves on the back that evolved into some quasi decorative filework (done on the grinder) but works pretty good with the design.....I guess the pictures shows my hard time getting good shots of a large blade.....glad my standard work is way smaller . This knife is available. Email me at info@ansoknives.com for details.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking blade!
But I'm not sure that you could call it a knife ;)
Just a little to big for that isn't it.... :)
Keep up the good work!

February 27, 2007 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home