Sunday, September 16, 2007

sceduled downtime for the shop....


mid next month I am pulling the shop compleetly down and will be redoing it compleetly....for too long I have had to freeze my butt of in the winter so I will be making a new wooden floor with insulation underneath...the walls will also be insulated and covered....no more old brickdust on my tables and machines....when doing this I will divide the shop room in two so I can seperate the dust makers from my main workarea where I sit and do assemply and layoutwork etc.....so basicly I do this for my health.....no more freezing and minimizing the dust I breathe....yep I got a pretty good dust system and wear a respirator but when the job is done the system is shut down and the respirator is gone....this basicly means I will be shutting down for at least a week.....hopefully I can have it done within that time (yes I have help).....this redo is the main reason why I want to get all fixedblades orders done before the Paris show by the end of the month....since I will be rebuilding the shop for folder/bali making....alot of changes will happen and I canĀ“t wait....I will be setting up my most important machines in a temporary shop so I CAN work excample when the paint is drying etc...also if it SHOULD take longer than expected I can make a knife every now and then in between. I really look forward to having this project done also so I can continue with my NEW addition to the shop space.....yep...MORE space....especially for my lathes, drawing table and photo area....whopedooo!!

will document the build and post pictures during...!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jens, that is great that you will be able to redo your shop!! I hope you will be able to get it done in the time frame you stated.

September 20, 2007 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home